During our Millennials in the Workforce session we will present and discuss the impact Millennials have our present and future workforce and workplace. The coming years will see a fundamental shift in how we work, the tools and resources available and the skills required. Our ability to prepare for this coming change will define our success in build successful organizations.
In our session we will explore:
- Tremendous shift in the dynamics of the workforce by 2020.
- Boomers retiring, Millennials will encompass 50% of workforce.
- Differences in two generations may produce misunderstandings and conflict.
- Baby Boomers – Post WWII, stay at home moms, pursued “American Dream” resulting in a commitment to hard work, independence, loyalty to org, and respect for authority.
- Millennials – digital media, terrorism, divorced parents resulting in a generation that are distrusting of corporate hierarchy, tech-savvy, ,multi-tasking, collaborative and team oriented.
- Millennials will change the way orgs recruit, hire, educated and retain staff.
- Millennials want communication, collaboration, clear path to advancement, recognition, and learning opportunities.
- Describe the characteristics of Millennials.
- Identify challenges specific to generational differences.
- List approaches for building relationships between Millennials and Baby Boomers.